Contributing All That I Am to Worthwhile Causes
I remained with the union for a number of years, and then decided to open my own office. Since then, I have actively worked to unite the people of Kentucky — no matter their race, religion, political standing, or whatever else may divide them. Likewise, I have worked to make both Kentucky and the entire U.S. a better place for workers.
In the spirit of improving Kentucky’s race relations and fighting for social justice, I have acted as a consultant, organizer, speaker, strategist, legal representative — the list goes on — for people throughout the state. For bigger projects, I team up with local businesses, politicians, nonprofits, churches, and other community members because I know that we can do more together than we can apart. As I look back on a long list of successful projects and events, I cannot wait to see what we accomplish next. For more info on who I really am, please go here.
In order to make America a better place for employees, I have focused my legal practice on employment law and class action lawsuits. If you’ve come across discrimination, harassment, wage theft, union issues, or another work-related concern, please reach out for a free consultation. As someone who is experienced in litigation, arbitration, and negotiation, I can give you a very clear picture of your legal options. Even better, I can work with you to prevent the same injustice from affecting others.
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- Juris Doctor, University of Louisville School of Law, 1988
- Master of Divinity, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1985
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Georgetown College, 1981
Professional Associations & Membership
- Leadership Louisville Bingham Fellows, 2018
- American Constitution Society, 2011-present
- Deacon, Ridgewood Baptist Church, 2008-present
- Legal counsel, Jobs with Justice, Washington, DC, 1997-present
- Kentucky Justice Association, 2004-2012
- Governor’s Task Force on Unemployment Insurance, Frankfort, Kentucky, 2009-2010
- Chair, Change To Win Kentucky, 2009
- Trustee, Baptist Seminary of Kentucky, 2003-2009
- Legal counsel (volunteer), Interfaith Worker Justice, Chicago, Illinois, 1997-2008
- Founder, Kentucky Jobs with Justice, 1993-2005
- Leadership Louisville, 2002-2003